The aim of the project is to prepare a draft law implementing the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). The ratification of the UN Convention has therefore imposed a permanent obligation on the states-parties to remove barriers that people with disabilities face in exercising their rights. It obliges Poland to take all actions to implement the provisions of the Convention and monitor their implementation, as well as to disseminate its provisions to raise awareness of citizens, including those with disabilities. The implementation requires legislative or educational measures. The development and adoption of the planned Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities will serve to ensure exercising full rights to dignified and independent life by every person with disabilities.
The implementation of activities in the field of social communication is in line with the project documents and can raise social awareness and develop sensitivity to the rights of people with disabilities, support positive perception and encourage all mass media to present the image of people with disabilities, provide wide access to information about solutions developed under the project and the availability of the presented materials, taking into account various forms of disability and the related difficulties in accessing information.
The following tasks will be carried out under the project:
- The actual analysis of the situation of people with disabilities.
- Preparation of a draft of a new law implementing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Poland. The Act on Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities, together with the assessment of the effects of the regulation and justification of the proposed solutions.
- Conducting public consultations on the draft act along with the Regulatory Impact Assessment and other legislative changes.
- Analysis of the comments from the consultations and, based on the results of public consultations, possible modifications to the original draft documents.
- Conducting the legislative process of the bill on equal opportunities for people with disabilities and accompanying documents.
- Disseminating information on new legislative solutions resulting from the Act on equal opportunities for people with disabilities.
Project no: POWR.02.06.00-00-0066-21
The project is implemented under Measure 2.6 High quality of the policy for social and professional inclusion of people with disabilities