IZA – Institute of Labor Economics – Gary Fields and Ahmed Elsayed
The World Bank – Ian Walker, Indhira Santos, and Javier Sánchez-Reaza
The Network on Jobs and Development (NJD)* – Piotr Lewandowski and Albert Park
UNU-WIDER – Kunal Sen and Sam Jones
Following the success of the 2016, 2018 and 2019 Jobs and Development Conferences in Washington DC and Bogotá, the World Bank, IZA (Institute of Labor Economics) the Network on Jobs and Development and UNU-WIDER are organizing a follow up conference in 2020, to be hosted in Warsaw, Poland.
To expand the frontiers of global knowledge around jobs and advance the discussion on the most effective policies, we are interested in papers that focus on:
- Modeling developing countries’ labor markets: segmented and stratified markets
- Changing global value chains and their effect on jobs
- Market-relevant education and skills development
- Institutions, norms and female employment
- Coping with low earnings and improving workers’ protections
- Policies for increasing the quality of jobs
- Measuring the quality of jobs
Please submit full papers or extended abstracts by January 20, 2020 using our online application form. Notifications on contributed papers will be sent by February 29, 2020.
Any queries can be emailed to IZA Senior Event Manager Ms. Viola Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage submission of full papers. For extended abstracts, full paper submission is due April 1, 2020.
Travel and accommodation
Authors of accepted papers are expected to participate in the entire two-day conference. The conference will provide hotel accommodation for up to 3 nights only (the nights of May 20, 21 and 22) and meals during the event. Travel expenses (including flights, visas and airport transfers, etc.) will not be reimbursed by the organizers, except as provided below:
Presenters and young researchers from low- or lower-middle income countries (according to the World Bank classification) may apply for support for their travel expenses. Please indicate in your submission if you would like to apply for it. Kindly note that only one author per paper accepted for presentation will be eligible for sponsorship.
* A partnership of research institutes from various regions of the world: Development Policy Research Unit at University of Cape Town (DPRU, South Africa), HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies (HKUST IEMS, Hong Kong), Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER, India), and Institute for Structural Research (IBS, Poland).