Hotel Novotel Warszawa Centrum, Marszałkowska 94/98
During the conference we focused on the consequences of population ageing in two crucial areas: labour market as well as public finance and pension system. The European Commission “Country Report – Poland 2017” was presented by Wallis Goelen (Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, EC) and Wojciech Paczyński (Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, EC). The latest research findings were presented by: Piotr Lewandowski (Institute for Structural Research), Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak (Warsaw School of Economics) and Joanna Tyrowicz (University of Warsaw, National Bank of Poland).
The discussion was focused on the key policies related to population ageing, including changes in retirement age, labour market participation of women and people aged over 50 years, as well as changes in the indexation of pensions. Speakers included:
- Istvan Szekely - representative of the European Commission (DG ECFIN),
- Wallis Goelen - representative of the European Commission (DG EMPL),
- Elżbieta Strojna (Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy),
- Joanna Stachura (Ministry of Finance),
- Nicola Brandt (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development),
- Janusz Jabłonowski (National Bank of Poland),
- Irena Kotowska (Warsaw School of Economics),
- Paweł Wojciechowski (Polish Social Security Institution),
- Representatives of employers’ and trade unions’ associations.
Conference summary will soon be available on our website and the European Commission Representation in Poland website. Now we encourage to find out:
- program (below),
- Wallis Goelen and Wojciech Paczyński's presentation (below),
- publication "Population ageing, labour market and public finance in Poland" which is a collection of articles arranged by the Institute for Structural Research (IBS) for the conference: link.