During the conference we will focus on the consequences of population ageing in two crucial areas: labour market as well as public finance and pension system. The European Commission “Country Report – Poland 2017” will be presented by Wallis Goelen (Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, EC) and Wojciech Paczyński (Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, EC). The latest research findings will be presented by: Piotr Lewandowski (Institute for Structural Research), Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak (Warsaw School of Economics) and Joanna Tyrowicz (University of Warsaw, National Bank of Poland).
The discussion will focus on the key policies related to population ageing, including changes in retirement age, labour market participation of women and people aged over 50 years, as well as changes in the indexation of pensions. Speakers include:
- Secretary of State in Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy - Stanisław Szwed,
- Representatives of the European Commission - Istvan Szekely (DG ECFIN) and Wallis Goelen (DG EMPL),
- Joanna Stachura (Ministry of Finance)
- Nicola Brandt (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development),
- Janusz Jabłonowski (National Bank of Poland),
- Irena Kotowska (Warsaw School of Economics),
- Paweł Wojciechowski (Polish Social Security Institution),
- Representatives of employers’ and trade unions’ associations.
The conference will be held on 9th March 2017 in Novotel Warszawa Centrum, Marszałkowska Str. 94/98 (Warsaw). The conference languages are both English and Polish.
For further information please visit event website - link.
We encourage to register here: https://ageinginpoland.konfeo.com